Kaleidescape Announces Cinema One, an Out-of-the-Box DVD Movie Server, Priced Below $5,000 MSRP in the United States and Canada
SUNNYVALE, CA – December 2, 2010 – Kaleidescape, Inc., creator of the movie server product category, today announced the availability of Cinema One, an out-of-the-box DVD movie server that provides hassle-free, instant viewing and management of an entire movie collection. As the company’s first system priced below $5,000 US MSRP, Cinema One brings the award-winning Kaleidescape experience to a broader set of customers. It also meets the needs of young children by automatically switching to a simplified user interface when the Child Remote is used.
“Our dealers and customers have been asking for a simple-to-install Kaleidescape System,” said Michael Malcolm, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Kaleidescape. “The Cinema One makes it possible for many more customers to enjoy the richness of the Kaleidescape experience.”
“The Cinema One is the perfect system for families because DVDs offer the broadest selection of children’s content,” said Leonard Bellezza, President of Lyric HiFi & Video, a leading high-end audio video custom integrator in New York City for over 51 years. “With the Child Remote, even a toddler can find his own programs, and when he presses play, it starts instantly without trailers, advertisements, and menus.”
Offered at $4,995 US MSRP, Cinema One is a single component movie server capable of storing 225 DVDS or 2,500 CDs – yet installs as easily as an ordinary DVD player. Cinema One is based on and replaces the Kaleidescape Mini System, and is ideal for the retail market because it eliminates the need for storage configuration.
- Instant Viewing – Press play and any movie, concert, or television episode starts instantly, without the frustration of having to physically locate the disc, navigate confusing menus, or sit through advertisements. Easily browse and sort an entire collection by title, actor, director, genre, year-of-release, or running time.
- Kid Friendly – Even toddlers can find and play their own movies, and parents have complete control over available content.
- Simple Installation – Installs easily by connecting power, the Internet, and a television display. With the included Kaleidescape Remote and Child Remote, Cinema One is ready for immediate use.
- Independent Music Zones – Includes two independent music zones, enabling a movie to be watched in one room while music is enjoyed in other parts of the home.
- Effortless Expansion – For more storage or to share movies with another TV, simply add another Cinema One or a Kaleidescape player to the home network. In fact, any Kaleidescape component works seamlessly with the Cinema One.
Kaleidescape designs and manufactures the world’s leading movie servers, bringing lifestyle convenience to families with young children and movie enthusiasts. The Kaleidescape System, renowned for its intuitive user interface, presents your entire collection of movies on any TV in your home, and provides a rich, cinematic experience for the entire family. Kaleidescape’s innovative products and services are protected by over 50 patents issued and pending. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Kaleidescape sells its movie servers through custom installation dealers and distributors throughout the world. For more information, please visit www.kaleidescape.com.
Kaleidescape and the Kaleidescape logo are trademarks of Kaleidescape, Inc.; they are registered in the United States and certain other jurisdictions. Other trademarks and trade names are owned by third parties and may be registered in some jurisdictions.