Kaleidescape now makes it easy to select curated movie collections from the movie store and have them downloaded at the factory to a new Strato S movie player or Terra movie server (US customers only). Choose from four popular collections at the time of sale, and Kaleidescape will download movies that are in the purchased collections to the new Kaleidescape system with no download service fee.
Available Movie Collections*:
- MSCOLL-UHD, A collection of the best 4K UltraHD and 4K HDR films (3TB, includes factory download service)
- MSCOLL-BPW, A collection of the Academy Award winners for Best Picture in Blu-ray quality and 4K (2TB, includes factory download service)
- MSCOLL-FAM, A collection of family-friendly films in Blu-ray quality and 4K (4TB, includes factory download service)
- MSCOLL-CON, A collection of concerts in Blu-ray quality (1TB, includes factory download service)
How this service works:
- When preparing a quote or order for a new system, select one or more of the four available movie collections to add to the order for factory download.
- Once the payment for the order is confirmed, Kaleidescape Order Processing will release the order to stage the new Strato S movie player or Terra movie server for content download at the factory. It will take up to 5 days per collection for the download process to complete.
Actions required upon system delivery:
- Upon receiving their Kaleidescape system, the customer will have to:
- Register the Kaleidescape system to an email account that will be used to make purchases in the future.
- Send the email address and the Strato S movie player or Terra movie server serial number to email@example.com with the subject: Factory Download Service Authorization Request.
- We will authorize the factory downloaded content within one business day during our business hours of 7:00am – 5:00pm PT (M – F).
- You will be able to play the factory downloaded content once we have activated the content in your account and your Kaleidescape system has connected to the Kaleidescape Movie Store via an Internet connection. You will know the process is complete once you see the movies in your Kaleidescape Movie Store Library and the movies are no longer greyed out on the on-screen display of your Kaleidescape system.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Payment must be made in full prior to any factory content download service begins.
- A 15% product restocking fee applies if the order is cancelled after the account is activated and the content download process has begun.
- All movie store collection purchases are non-refundable, whether paid by credit card or otherwise.
*content availability subject to change