To provide you with a better, more satisfying experience, Kaleidescape collects and uses certain types of information, as described below. Kaleidescape does not intend to disclose to any third party, except as provided below, any personal information, including what CDs, DVDs, Blu- ray discs, or other media formats you — as an individual or household — have purchased, imported, downloaded, or viewed with your System.
Types of Information Collected
- Kaleidescape collects certain personal information when you activate your System, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Kaleidescape collects additional information from time to time, such as the serial numbers of the components of your System and the software versions and options used by them.
- Kaleidescape automatically collects and maintains diagnostic and usage information from your System whenever it is connected to the Internet, for the purposes of quality control, technical troubleshooting, marketing, and the development of new features, products, and services. Diagnostic and usage information includes a detailed record of the operating history of your System, such as browser interface settings, CD, DVD, and Blu-ray imports, downloads from the Kaleidescape Movie Store, user inputs and response times (including details about movies played), disk errors or failures, disk space use, component temperatures, and information entered into the browser interface. Diagnostic and usage information also includes the serial numbers of the components of your System and their IP addresses.
- Kaleidescape automatically collects IP addresses and website usage information from you when you visit our website. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors use and navigate our website on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors to each Web page, and the lengths of their visits.
- Kaleidescape also collects IP address information from you to determine your geolocation, which is used to determine the applicable Movie Store territory.
- Kaleidescape collects data using Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, including Google Analytics for Demographics and Interest Reporting. The data collected may be used to perform techniques such as market segmentation, remarketing and A/B testing, in order to provide more relevant products and services. Kaleidescape does not alter its data collection based on the presence of a ‘do not track’ request configured in your browser; however, you may opt-out from Google Analytics by following the instructions here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Kaleidescape collects and maintains diagnostic and usage information from its mobile applications. for the purposes of technical troubleshooting, marketing, and the development of new features, products, and services. Diagnostic and usage information includes details on Movie Store browsing, searching and purchase transactions, Kaleidescape player control, as well as usage of the notification center, downloads management and configuration settings features of the application. Kaleidescape uses a third-party tool called Amplitude, operated by Amplitude, Inc., to help collect, store, process, and manage diagnostic and usage information for mobile applications.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, for example, to provide a service that you desire, to troubleshoot your System, or to send emails that you have requested.
- To send you email notifications about new or existing products and services, such as software upgrades.
- To enhance existing features, products and services, or to develop new features, products and services.
- To better understand our customers, distribution channel, and market.
- To provide third parties with aggregate information (that will not identify you or your household) about our user base and usage patterns, including movies played.
- To allow us to make recommendations and to improve your experience and that of others based on your usage characteristics and preferences, and those of other Kaleidescape users.
- To fulfill any other reasonable business purpose that Kaleidescape deems to be desirable.
- When we believe in good faith that it is necessary to release information to comply with the law, enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Kaleidescape, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may choose to buy or sell company assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is often a business asset that is transferred. Moreover, if the company sells some of its assets, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of the company may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We may disclose and use personally-identifiable information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce our Kaleidescape Service & License Agreement (for example, when necessary to protect our or a third-party's intellectual property or proprietary rights). We may also disclose personally-identifiable information when we, in our sole discretion, believe it is necessary or appropriate, in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires us to do so.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, without limitation, packaging, mailing and delivering products and services, answering customer questions about products and services, processing registrations, analyzing our market, and designing future products. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver their services, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Minors (individuals under the age of 18) are not authorized to have accounts with Kaleidescape, and we do not knowingly collect information from Minors. Use of your System (as defined in the SLA) and other actions by Minors concerning or when using your System is your responsibility and you agree that their actions shall be attributed to you and/or the owner or authorized user of such System.
Security of your Personal Information
Kaleidescape is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, your personal information will be stored on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we protect it through encryption.
If you would like to make suggestions or find out more about our privacy practices, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.